Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Beginnings

Since I love to write and am completely addicted to the sewing blogs, vintage collecting blogs, and thrifty mom blogs out there, I decided to start one of my own. It seemed I had so much to say about 10 minutes ago, but now that I have begun the process, it seems to have vanished - probably somewhere around the time I had to come up with a name for the address and found several of them were already taken. The creativity was sucked right out of me - it doesn't take much lately!!

I guess I'll start here and figure out the ins and outs of blogging as I go. Would love to include a quote or two from a lovely children's novel I am currently reading: Ida B by Katherine Hannigan. I just don't know what the copyright rules are! I guess you can't take the teacher out of me. I quit my full-time teaching job three years ago when I had my second child (only 19 months after the birth of the first one) and here I am now staying home with three little ones preschool and under.

I ended up naming the blog for a saying coined on a morning I stuffed everyone into the car so I could go off to work (I substitute teach once a week, more or less - a dream job I am sure I will elaborate on later). The pace of going anywhere with so many youngin's is never fast. In fact, my poor girl is always asking lately: "Are we late?" Sadly, yes. Mommy has no sense of time. It is safe to say that we are always running late. A day late and a dollar short actually. And so, as we pull out of the driveway in our minivan with the broken clock, it is tradition for me to announce "Off we we go, like a herd of . . ." and all of the children who can talk respond with glee: "TURTLES!" Hey, at least they are learning figurative language at a young age (not so sure about the whole turtles traveling in herds part, though).

Well, this was my baby step of the day. I'll post and maybe figure out pictures tomorrow. Gotta move at the pace of a herd of . . .

No comments: