Friday, June 6, 2008

One gift, done

The good news is that I finished a gift for a friend just in time for the party. The bad news is I forgot to take a picture. Uggh. I kept trying to remind myself along the way and then I rushed out for the party and forgot. Welcome to life with kids, I guess!

I made her three aprons and a jar of homemade oatmeal pancake mix. Now she can cook with her 3 and 1 year old boys and not worry if they are wearing the results! I think the aprons were very cute, though a bit homespun looking (there is one crooked pocket and the waist ties are way too long, for example).

It was fun coming up with the idea and making it myself. I will try to do this more and more for gifts or around here.

I just got two full rubbermaid totes of fabric from my mother and aunt, so there is lots to choose from. Crying baby indicates a need to go now.

No comments: